The exciting transition to the new building has been quite a journey, and is now beginning to take shape as we move into Term 3. Students will start full time in Terra Verde from the beginning of the term.
123 ‘Terra Verde’?
The students chose this name and we all love it! Literally translated from Italian as ‘Green earth’, children voted for this name after a huge process of brainstorming and evaluating. Ultimately it was the green colour scheme inside, coupled with the proximity to nature and views of nearby Merri Creek that led students to return to a ‘green’ theme.
Our new blog is up and running! Please bookmark this link:
The home groups of Katie, Andrew and Kirsty will be fully moving in, in Term 3.
Have you seen the picture-blog of the building of Terra Verde? Check it out here: http://beps.vic.edu.au/new-building/
Can You Help?
We are looking for donations of the following items. If you have these items at home, don’t need them any more and are happy to part with them, we’d love to talk to you!
- Clean glass jars with the labels removed – without lids is fine (e.g empty pasta sauce/coconut oil jars – approx. 10-15cm tall)
- Smocks/Old shirts for painting
- New/relatively new Board Games
- Lego – all kinds (and if anyone can part with blocks that aren’t being used any more!!!)
- Indoor plants
- Tools for tinkering (e.g hammers, nails, screws)
- Pieces of wood for woodwork
- Assorted cane/wooden baskets – (without handles where possible)
Exciting times ahead for our school community!