General Considerations for Everyone
- Reused Costumes: In keeping with the title of the concert, ‘Found Objects’; clothes that you already own; purchase from op shop; borrow from friend; make from recycled materials, etc.
- Costumes must be comfortable and practical to dance in.
- Sleeves, trousers and leggings, etc. can be long or short.
- Dresses and skirts can be worn with leggings, but must be practical to dance in (not too long).
Extras: Glitter wristbands &/or other additions to costume (as per class instructions), must not be longer than 20cm as this could put people at risk of tripping themselves or others.
Reminder: Attachments to costume/head must be secure.
Footwear: Suitable sneakers or shoes for dancing, unless instructed to ware bare feet
All black with animal print tails and ears with white painted faces and black panda eyes. Please make sure tails are quite short, as the performance requires close proximity!
123 Counting Stars
- Jill’s class: Mostly blue/some green (ocean/sky); optional glittery fabric additions (wrists, hair, neck, sleeves, etc.).
- Katie C & Sarah’s: Yellow/orange/gold (sand/stars); optional glittery fabric additions (wrists, hair, neck, sleeves, etc.).
- 456 Actors: Colourful beach or picnic-wear.
123 Tree Hugger
- Shona, Mark & Katie B’s: Choose green clothing OR sandy/yellow clothing (as in ‘the desert’) OR cowboy or cowgirl
- 456 Extra Dancers: Burgundy or brown, choose 1 or a combination of these.
- Mel & Andrew’s: Sporty OR casual OR dressed up to go out OR business, any colours (we have 5 clip-on mini ties that can be borrowed).
- 456 Actors:
- orange fluro vests, shoes and brooms.
- Narrator in ¾ length collared coat, shoes and perhaps a hat.
123 Hey Brother
- Jenny & Jennaya’s: A bit of a retro look:
- Options: jeans/trousers/shorts/dresses or skirts (with leggings); multi-coloured tops (stripes, spots, collar or print).
- Optional: Groups that dance together can choose a base colour to wear the same and then as individuals can have their own variation of pattern (as above).
- Optional: a few people wanted to dress as soldiers – this is fine.
NOTE: If they own or can borrow a strong bike light or head torch (this may be worn so that it shines out from their wrist). Can bring them in week 3 of term 3 and we’ll try them out. We’ll send out a reminder about the torches next term.
456 Battery Human
- Chiara, Steve & Julie’s: A contrast between ‘battery humans’ & ‘free range’:
- Julie: Fluorescent colours
- Steve: Black with sparkly silver additions
- Chiara: Black with sparkly gold additions
- Dani, Bec & Suzanne’s:
- Dominos: All white or a combination of white and black
- Pyramids: All yellow or a combination of yellow and black
- Cartwheels: All red or a combination of red and black
- Dress as an innovator of your choice, e.g. in the fields of science, art, music, sport, etc. Free choice of colour