The Buildings and Grounds Committee are inspired to provide an enriching, fun, beautiful and safe environment for our children and community. The grounds are largely maintained and improved through parents volunteering their time and providing financial contributions through the grounds levy.
How To Get Involved
- Working Bees (4 times a year), social, fun and family orientated (and we get lots of work done too!)
- Master Plan for the grounds – work has commenced to dream up ways for our grounds to be improved. This project is being led by a parent who is a landscape architect and will particularly focus on the grounds adjacent to Nicholson St. Put your thinking caps on and we will be asking for ideas throughout the year
- Voluntary Grounds Contribution – parents’ annual contribution is vital to ensure we can mow lawns, fix broken equipment, and pay for services as required.
- Chooks and kitchen garden – The chickens and kitchen garden are looked after by a roster of families on weekends and school holidays. Please let us know if you would be interested in being involved. email: email@example.com and check the online chook roster here.
- Join the Building and Grounds Committee – meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 6.30pm in the staffroom. We are looking for new members so please come along whether you have ideas, skills or enthusiasm to contribute.
Trees 4 BEPS
The Buildings & Grounds and Environment & Sustainability Committees have developed a tree strategy outlining a 3 year plan and rationale for future tree-planting at BEPS.
The ‘Tree Strategy’ ensures that the right tree is planted in the right place creating a legacy for current and future students.
Reasons why we need to plant trees at BEPS:
- Replace trees lost over recent years to disease, age and risk of limb drop
- Compensate for planned further removal of existing trees
- Provide sufficient shade for children
- Create new green spaces
- Create additional play spaces
- Encourage biodiversity
Find out all about Trees 4 BEPS at trees4beps.beps.vic.edu.au.